Sunday 14 April 2013

IDEAS


I decided to expand on my ideas and the notes from Gyles Morris to gain a higher understanding of the topics of the book, based on my sketch of a possible page layout. For the spread that I drew out for the page about Peru, I had some little information sections which focused on several areas of interest of the country, which I have here sought to apply to the other countries in the project. These are landmarks, animals, colours and cultures.

I have also thought about potential titles for the book. As this project clearly draws from the story 'Around the World in 80 Days', I thought about substituting in the name of the organisation to make 'Around the World With Naturesbase', but I am unsure about this. Another potential title is 'Up, Up and Away' which I feel is better suited to a picture book, and perhaps draws on the success of the film 'Up'. There is not a title set in stone as yet, so these are subject to change.

In terms of the subject matter included for each country, the following points are included:

INDIA
Landmarks: Taj Mahal, River Ganges
Animals: tiger, elephant
Colours: pastel - paint festival
Culture: spices, religions - Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism

CHINA
Landmarks: Great Wall of China, Tianaman Square, Tibet
Animals: panda
Colours: red, gold
Culture: Buddhism, dragons

PERU
Landmarks: Macchu Pichu
Animals: llama
Colours: Andean patterns
Culture: Inca, pan pipes

AUSTRALIA
Landmarks: Ayers Rock, Sydney Opera House
Animals: kangaroo, koala, platypus, emu
Colours: earthy
Culture: Aboriginal, boomerang

NORWAY
Landmarks: Fjords, pine trees
Animals: seal, fish, elk
Colours: blue (sea), white (snow)
Culture

UK
Landmarks: Big Ben, white cliffs of Dover
Animals: cow, fox, badger
Colours: green
Culture

These points were just off the top of my head, and with further research I will be able to add far more. I think I will focus just on one country to display with my prototypes, showing an information page and a creative task that the reader can complete. For now I think I will create the pages for Peru as I personally find that culture very interesting and feel that I can create something interesting for that topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment